SPC SmartBox – Brings Home and Building Automation to Vanderbilt SPC Intrusion Detection System
SPC SmartBox adds Smart Home and Building Automation features to Vanderbilt SPC Intrusion Detection System. The product is developed in close cooperation with Vanderbilt Industries and CTS Northern Europe.
SPC SmartBox allows you to use all your SPC connected motion detectors, door/window contacts, fire detectors and alarm status for control of Z-Wave and/or KNX equipment.
SPC SmartBox bridging feature, between KNX and Z-Wave, can be used to complement an existing KNX system with Z-Wave devices for e.g. uncritical lighting control.
SPC SmartBox scene engine can also be used as a pure KNX logical module, with great flexibilities.
Scenes and schedules
SPC SmartBox has a powerful scene engine and scheduler. Inputs and outputs from the SPC, Z-Wave and KNX systems could be used as triggers, conditions and actions. You could also use sunset/sunrise and time of day as triggers and conditions. The scenes are programmed with an intuitive graphical scene editor, very easy to use without any previous programming experience. By combining events from all your equipment the possibilities are endless. Just a few examples:
- An Away Scene could shut off all indoor lights, close the water valve, close blinds and shutters, when you arm the SPC system and leave the house.
- A Home Scene could turn lights on and open the water valve when you disarm the SPC system.
- A Night Light Scene could turn on the lights in the hallway and bathroom (for a couple of minutes) when the motion detector in the hallway (connected to SPC) detects a motion and it is night and dark in the room.
- A Flood Scene could close the water valve when the flood sensor detects a leak and send a push notification.
- A Burglary Scene could turn on all lights when the SPC system detects an intruder.
Bidirectional, event driven communications
For best reliability and responsiveness, all communications are bidirectional, handshaked and event driven. Vanderbilt reliable FlexC IP protocol is used for the SPC communication. This allows SPC SmartBox to listen on events, read status from the SPC system and send commands, e.g. Arm/Set, Disarm/Unset and Partset, to the SPC system (if it is allowed in the SPC). For the KNX communication, Weinzierl BAOS protocol is used. State changes on Z-Wave and KNX devices, even if the device is manually locally controlled, are automatically reported to the SPC SmartBox.
SPC SmartBox scene engine has support for sending email and Pushover notifications.
SPC SmartBox is based on the Z-Wave Plus certified iCPE Gateway from CTS. CTS is one of the leading Ethernet solution providers for global telecom companies, network operators and service providers.
As option, the SPC SmartBox can be equipped with a battery backup module.
SPC SmartBox will continuously be improved with new features and enhancements. The web based upgrade function allows you to easy update the device to the latest firmware.
Flexible integration of Vanderbilt SPC, Z-Wave and KNX
- Vanderbilt FlexC IP communication
- Embedded Z-Wave Plus support
- KNX support (Weinzierl KNX IP BAOS Gateway 777 is required. Not included)
- Powerful Scene Engine and Scheduler
- Intuitive and easy to use Scene Editor
- Status from SPC, Z-Wave and KNX can be used as scene triggers and conditions
- Triggers and conditions can be based on System time and Sunrise/Sunset time
- Control of SPC outputs, Z-Wave and KNX actuators
- Reading values from Z-Wave and KNX sensors
- Push Notifications (Email, Pushover)
- Web Admin GUI
- Web Dashboard and Editor
- Easy to update and upgrade
- Battery Backup Module (optional)
More features will be added in the future.
|Processor||ATMEL ARM Cortex A5|
|Power input||12V DC|
|Power Consumption||1W empty load|
|Network||2 x Ethernet RJ45 Connectors 10/100/1000 Mbps (Only LAN port is enabled)|
|USB||2 external USB 2.0 Type A, 1 internal USB 2.0|
|Wireless Module||Z-Wave Plus, 868MHz|
|Environmental Conditions||Operation: 0°C ~ 50°C
Storage: -20°C ~ 60°C
Humidity: 5% ~ 90%,
|Dimension||167 × 123 × 30mm (WxDxH) (without battery module)|
|Weight||0.24Kg (without battery module)|
|Battery Backup Module (optional)||Type: Li-On, Voltage: 3.7V, Capacity:5800mAH|